Problem with mask

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 16 13:14:54 EDT 2008

In the past I have always used Freehand to deal with masking of images.

But I thought I would see if I couldn't roll one of my own in RR.

It worked after a fashion but is rough around the edges. In
particular when masking to an ellipse, the results is flat on the
right edge and the bottom edge. I do this by running over the image
and masking all pixels that are not within the ellipse--using the
"within" function. That should work.

But it doesn't quite. There must be something  about images I don't
understand. I would appreciate any thoughts.

To see the effect, run this in the msg box:

go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/MaskingToEllipse.rev"

Jim Hurley