revbrowser useragent

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Oct 16 00:32:51 EDT 2008

On 16/10/08 2:58 PM, "Jim Sims" <sims at ezpzapps.com> wrote:

> On Oct 16, 2008, at 5:46 AM, Terry Judd wrote:
>
>> Jim - Is that because the default user agent for Rev is ' Revolution
>> (MacOS)' or whatever, depending on what platform you're using and
>> not that
>> of the underlying browser being used by RevBrowser. If so then you can
>> probably just change it using the libURLSetCustomHTTPHeaders command.
>>
>> I'm just guessing, so I could be way off :)
>
> That's also my guess. I need to be able to do this as a requirement for
> a new account. Might be a huge account for me (internet gaming) so
> I need to figure this one out somehow.
>
> It seems that the libURL stuff (libURLLastHTTPHeaders(), etc etc) is
> separate from revbrowser,
> but maybe there is some magic incantation to pass that data?

Here¹s what I get from Safari...

AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.22

And here¹s what I get from RevBrowser...
AppleWebKit/525.18 (KHTML, like Gecko)

...so RevBrowser is missing the Safari specific info.

I just tried changing the HTTPheaders using the libURLSetCustomHTTPHeaders
command without any noticeable effect on the user-agent reported by a
request originating from RevBrowser ­ so that¹s not looking promising. This
really isn¹t my field of expertise though, so I¹m happy to be proven wrong.

Terry...