OT: new macbooks, no firewire

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Tue Oct 14 17:43:05 EDT 2008

The macbook pro has an expresscard port, a firewire 800 port,  two
USB ports and some kind of mini-dvi connector.

I hate the expresscard fomat. It seems to be made for viewing photo
memory cards or something -- the mechanical design is very stupid.
When one pushes the card in,  it doesn't latch, and can be pulled out
quite easily with an accidental tug of a cable.   My high tech
solution was to wrap one layer of drafting tape around the outside,
to "jam" the card in place. They guys at the apple store confirmed it
is ALL expresscard devices are like this.