OT: new macbooks, no firewire

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Tue Oct 14 16:10:55 EDT 2008

Hi Andre,

Having a few moments to spare I took a look at Apple's new MacBooks.
Mixed feelings. I think I'll need to see and touch to make a valid
judgement. I too have eye problems, so the contrast may be good for
me, but I'm a desktopper anyway, and probably won't be buying anything
new for quite a while. Certainly the firewire thing is a major
turnoff. I somewhat recently purchased two 500 GB firewires and can't
imagine using USB for any major transfers. Time Machine with USB.  Ha!
Ha!

By and large I think your comments are on the mark. We may all be back
to bows and arrows before too long anyway. (sigh!)

Joe Wilkins

On Oct 14, 2008, at 12:33 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Folks,
>
> sometimes I do OT mails here, but this is just to ask if you guys
> followed the latest announcements by apple and saw their new macbooks.
> I must say, I have never ever been so disapointed at apple. I found
> the new macbooks as ugly as a traffic accident between an elephant and
> a pizza delivery car. What's with the black borders and keyboards on
> aluminum?!?! what happened, did they fired their designers?

See   <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
Joe Lewis Wilkins
pepetoo at cox.net