Re-2: persistent objects in runrev (howto)

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Tue Oct 14 03:12:59 EDT 2008

Hello Ken

yes - you can copy objects (buttons, groups) INTO password protected stacks, but not copy objects FROM them. Coming from Toolbook I had to realize and accept that ...

runrev password protection protects stacks against
* copiing objects FROM it
* editing passwords

It does not protect the stack against
* copying objects INTO it (including scripts in this objects)
* deleting objects within it,
* moving around
* reading/writing custom properties of stacks or objects etc.

This causes the behavior that you can copy an object (even a background coming in front of the event hierarchy) INTO a password protected stack - but you cannot copy a modified object back then without putting the passkey ...

Because I have to copy the objects from my working stack to the tempStack first I have to use stacks without runrev password protection (to copy objects FROM) for my concept of persistent objects.

With the concept of my own encrypted stacks I can load from the standalone (with an embedded stack which is password protected and includes the aniDecrypt function) we have talked about in chatrev I now am able to do what I want.

This would be the concept:

put URL "christmas.aniweb" into chistmas; go stack aniDecrypt(christmas);

Regards, Franz

Original Message        processed by David InfoCenter