persistent objects in runrev (howto)

runrev at animabit.de runrev at animabit.de
Mon Oct 13 04:57:01 EDT 2008

Hello,

in a discussion in chatrev this night with Mark Schonewille (the runrev expert from the Netherlands, which knew the "go stack <binary data>" trick") we could realize that the storage of objects from runrev as persistent objects and the reload into runrev applications even could be done using just binary data and not only a valid rev stack file with .rev extension.

Short updated abstract in
http://www.animabit.de/runrev/persistentobjects.html

put URL "http://server/xyz.data" into test
# with xyz.data to be the result of a routine:
# save stack xyz to URL "xyz.data"
put mydecryproutine(test) into stackobject
go invisible stackobject
copy control 1 of stack stackobject into stack "myprog" ...

This allows me to use stacks and any copy object from stack to stack command without hesitating about the password protection of the stack. Solving some problems in one step.

Regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Franz Böhmisch

boehmisch at animabit.de