landscape printing on Windows

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Sat Oct 11 15:11:32 EDT 2008

On XP I'm trying to print a card that contains a background image and
some fields. So far, no joy. Here is my approach. What am I missing?

    * using Rev 3.0 gm-3
    * running XP Pro SP3
    * I just updated my printer drivers
    * when run on Mac OS X, it works perfectly: landscape card image
      prints with landscape orientation on paper
    * when run on XP, a landscape card image prints with portrait
      orientation, with topLeft of landscape card image = topLeft of paper
    * it works the same with and without the image object present on the
      card
    * it works the same whether I use referenced or embedded image content

The script:

on mouseUp
   -- locate the cert stack
   answer file "Pick the Certificate stack:"
   if it = empty then exit to top
   put it into tCertStack

   -- go to cert stack
   push this cd
   go inv stack tCertStack -- cert stack is 792w x 612h

   -- prep for printing
   set the loc of img 1 to the loc of this cd
   put the topLeft of this cd into tTopLeft
   put the bottomRight of this cd into tBottomRight
   reset printing -- to prevent crash on XP when using 'open printing'
approach
   set the printPaperOrientation to "landscape"
   put "792,612" into tPaperSize -- 11"w x 8.5"h
   put the printPaperRectangle into tPaperRect

   -- print
   open printing
   print this card from tTopLeft to tBottomRight into tPaperRect
   close printing

   -- restore focus to original stack
   close stack tCertStack
   pop cd