iPhone again

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:21:17 EDT 2008

Peter,

I've experience in quite a few languages, and I have to say, I too find
Obj-C a bit hard to swallow.  I even prefer smalltalk to Obj C.  However,
whilst I'll sidestep the possibility of running a Rev app on the iPhone, can
I just ask you if you are aware of the problems with iPhone distribution?
Apple has pulled the plug on some apps because it doesn't like them (for
various reasons).  I certainly would not want any app I spend time
developing to have to live or die by the whim of Steve Jobs (or more likely,
a Steve Jobs wannabe).

If you are not planning to deliver your iPhone app through Apple, then this
thought is probably of no import.

However, you might be better addressing Apple and asking them if there is
the possibility of writing an application for the iPhone that is not a web
app and is not written in Obj-C.

Bernard