creating a Mac download

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Oct 10 13:58:43 EDT 2008

Hi Larry,

You can't do this. You need to make a zip or dmg file of the
standalone. Making a zip file is easy on Windows (and Mac). You can
copy the standalone to your daughter's computer. Put it inside a
folder and give the folder the name of the standalone, without ".app".
Drop the folder onto the icon of Disk Utility. Disk Utility will now
ask you where to save the dmg file. You can safely upload this file
and make it available for download. The problem why distributing Mac
standalones is slightly more difficult is that it is actually a folder.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com