difference between closing with the red cross or sending close?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Oct 10 09:38:25 EDT 2008

Hello,

a runrev beginners question :-)

I have a menu item with "quit" and the red cross in the title bar to close
my app. Now I want to capture both messages with the same "Do you really
want to quit?". What I did is the following:

On menupick

-.-

close gDefaultStack

-...-

on closeStack

    put the short name of this stack into tStack

    switch (tStack)

        case "dgswb"

            answer "Do you really want to quit?" with "No" and "Yes"

            if it is "Yes" then

                xCloseStackCleanups

                pass closeStack

            end if

            break

        default

            pass closeStack

    end switch

end closeStack

When clicking the red cross everything works as expected. But when clicking
my menu item I also get my answer choice, but my stack closes if I choose
"yes" or "no" Probably something with passing the close message wrong?

Thank for any hint

Tiemo