script abbreviations

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 04:02:57 EDT 2008

Unlike Richard, I foolishly entered an enhancement request a month or two
back, that the Dictionary have a column for 'version'.  A few days later I
had to close that request once I found that that feature had been there for
years, but I hadn't known about it.  I too found it by reading the User
Guide.
I chose to re-read the User Guide because it hadn't been updated since
version 2.7 (and had had several missing chapters in all that time).  The
current User Guide is something to be proud of - although to be fair, I
think the user documentation that came with versions 1.1.1 onwards was also
pretty good (written by Jeanne Devoto, I believe).  The combination of the
current Dictionary and the current User Guide are for me the highest point
in Rev documentation.  I still have some ideas for how there could be an
improvement in the docs though (although I think it would be controversial).
Anyway, I don't feel quite so foolish about that enhancement request, since
I was in good company in not knowing about the feature.
Bernard