Totally OT - I need some heads up (and a hug or two)

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 10:00:13 EDT 2008

Also my sincere regrets. I have done this to myself by formatting the
wrong drive that had my source repository by mistake and not having a
backup. I still have the executable on my website but I cannot
support/enhance it because its gone.

I always read in programming books that you almost always need to
solve the programming once before you really know how to solve it so
maybe revision 2 will be a better effort than the original (although
thats laughing thru the tears).

My godsend solution is Sugarsync. They give you 10 gb of free storage
and their client runs in the background on both windows and os x
machines (I use both in both laptop and desktop scenarios). It allows
you to create a magic briefcase on your computer that is automatically
synced with all computers as well as access other directories directly
from their website. I upgraded to the 30gb plan which is very
reasonable and more than covers my project directories. It also
provides some version control capabilities but nothing like
SVN/CVS/Git which I find more trouble than worth at my  location.

Again my deepest sympathies and know tomorrow will be a better day!

Neal

--
Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software