Totally OT - I need some heads up (and a hug or two)

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Thu Oct 9 08:47:55 EDT 2008

Malte,

I can totally relate to this. And all I can tell you is "It sucks"!

That said, time will pass and the feeling of being violated will start
to go away. I feel for what you are going through. I found for me that
using the readjustment time to reorganize my life and since I was
'starting over' to make things better than they had been before.
Before some of the things I had were put together piece meal as time
went on but this time around instead I planned it all out and
optimized my entire system and work flow and practices.

Also, it's time to look at Time Machine/Airport in a locked box or
hidden in a closet for your most important asset which is your
backups. Having my most recent work backed up in a safe place gives me
a great piece of mind. Then also once a month consider an offsite
backup as well. DVDs are good for this since the offsite stuff is not
really meant for long term solutions but rather as a backup to the
backup.

Anyway, Know that we all have you back and if you need anything at all
let us know.

Your list friend,

Tom McGrath III