AW: problems building a rev-valentina standalone on mac

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Oct 9 07:01:16 EDT 2008

Hi all,
after getting to the bottom of this problem with Ruslan, it seems to be that
I am the only one who has his IDE on Win XP and wants to deploy a
Rev-Valentina app on Mac (I have just a studio licence for Win!). Hopefully
I am actually not the only one and someone can point me to the fault. The
thing is, that The Rev standalone builder on Win doesn't care about the
relevant Valentina files at all and just doesn't create anything for Mac
(what is mentioned nowhere). Now I am trying to copy manually the needed
files and folders and bundles from Mac into my Standalone bundle on Win, but
I am failing with every constellation, probably because I have a massive
lack of knowledge of the secrets of Mac bundle structures. What Ruslan told
me to do is the following:
1. copy "v4rev.bundle" from Mac into the Standalone folder
...\MacOS\Externals\ on Win
2. copy "dbvalentina2" from Mac into the Stanalone folder
...\MacOS\Externals\database_drivers\ on Win

After transferring the Mac Standalone from Win to Mac and running the
special Valentina deployment script on the Mac I looked into the package
information of my app and I am wondering why there is a difference between
the "v4rev.bundle" and "dbvalentina2" folder in my package. It shows (beside
of other non Valentina files):
Contents\MacOS\Externals\v4rev.bundle
Contents\MacOS\Externals\database_drivers\dbvalentina2\Contents\MacOS\dbVale
ntina2

I don't know if this structure is correct Ruslan either and my Mac
standalone still doesn't finds Valentina. What I don't understand is both
folders "v4rev.bundle" and "dbvalentina2" look in its structure the same on
Win (with Contents, MacOS, Resources,...), but after transferring to the Mac
the "v4rev.bundle" has no further content and has a "shield" symbol but the
"dbvalentina2" folder has a deeper structure (see above) and has a "folder"
symbol. I don't know, if both folders are bundles and what is the difference
between a bundle and a folder and why their structure looks completely
different after importing on the Mac. Is it just the name of the folder
".bundle"? could this be the mistake that "dbvalentina2" should be
""dbvalentina2.bundle"?
Anybody out there using Valentina on Win?
Tiemo