Sending an e-mail without a dedicated e-mail client

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Oct 9 04:53:45 EDT 2008

For those you want to send email but are worried about using their own
ISPs SMTP server, or getting their messages flagged as spam, it's
worth pointing out that there are several services out there for cheap
SMTP.

A primary perk of using a well-established service like this is that
they go to the trouble of getting white-listed at many of the major
ISPs. On a recent project, I couldn't get a darn thing past Yahoo!
spam filters. Switched to AuthSMTP for a few bucks and now all of my
(legitimate confirmation) emails get through.

If you're sending email to customers, I personally think it's well
worth it. AuthSMTP costs $24 per year to send 1,000 emails a month. I
wasted way more than $24 worth of time fighting spam filters that just
laid down as soon as I just used this. Marketing will tell you that's
500 emails per dollar.

http://authsmtp.com/auth-smtp/pricing.html

NOTE: I have no special connection to AuthSMTP. There are other
services out there, some actually much cheaper. I just read some good
reviews, and so far it has worked well for me... and for a whopping
$24 I was willing to not mess with cheaper (but possibly less
reliable) services.

HTH,
Brian