End of line problem

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Tue Oct 7 21:34:43 EDT 2008

I have a stack from which I create a text file that has to be uploaded
to a server. The file can be either a tab or comma delimited file. I’m
creating it in Rev 3.0 Studio on my iMac with 10.5.5. I’m getting an
error that I’ve traced to an end-of-line problem. The file looks fine on
my Mac but when I move it over to Windows XP and open it with Notepad it
doesn’t recognize my line endings (though Wordpad does). The file shows
the little square block when the line end character should be, which I
assume means it's a character it doesn't recognize. I’ve tried CR, CRLF
and LF. If I fix the line ends in Notepad the file then uploads
properly. I’m stumped . . .

Thanks for any help,
Marty Knapp