Why I didn't, and why I may, later.

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 7 06:04:32 EDT 2008

1. A bit short of money right now.

2. For reasons that have been confirmed in the Use-List since RR 3 was released: the very same reason why I bought a Mac G4 two weeks after they released the G5s.

Microsoft and Apple have been slammed time and time again for releasing software (operating systems or other) which still looks Beta-ish. There is a school of thought that Mac OS X is still a bit tatty round the edges (v.g. the inconsistencies that abound in the behaviour of the Finder).
Probably why quite a lot of people with PPC Macs feel cheesed-off about being excluded from 10.6.

There are folk who will claim that firms release Beta-ish software to raise money to continue work; this has always struck me as a bit disingenuous.

Hundreds of people who bought themselves PCs with "Vista" installed are returning to XP because the view is a bit foggy.

I am now popping pennies (quite literally) in a jam jar with "3.x" written on it.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.