Notification of internet use in Rev standalone

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 14:58:54 EDT 2008

Paul,

Hi, I've read all of the responses so far to your concept. Some are
pretty good and you should consider them. That said, if this is for
OSX only then why not just make the stack sized to the screenRect and
then set the window type to systemWindow. That way the window while
open will always 'float above everything' and not allow the user to
even get to any other application.

You may have to monitor active windows and if changed set the center
of this stack to the active window if people are using "Spaces" or
multiple monitors.

This will not work on windows since Revolution does not treat the
systemWindow the same on Windows. On Windows you can minimize the
stack of a systemWindow to the start bar which would then allow the
user to access an internet application. On OSX there is no minimize
with a systemWindow.

HTHs

Tom McGrath