When they ask, what is this written in?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Sun Nov 30 23:01:28 EST 2008

An Apache mod_Rev module that could optionally break into the
graphical interface for debugging would be amazingly useful. The
existing "engine" that does not have all the functionality of standard
Rev is not worth the hassle (IMHO).

What I want is an Apache module that runs a stack or set of stacks
with plugins and all the trimmings. Essentially, I'd like to have a
RunRev app that acts like Apache (think Andre's HTTP stack) that
allows me to step through the scripts. This would be single threaded
and it would display the stack screens.

Then, I want the exact same stacks to run under Apache. If
mod_Revolution has 20 sessions that stay up, I'd want essentially 20
copies of the stacks running in separate sandboxes. Because I do want
a way to communicate between them, I'd want a new type of global
(threadglobal ?) that is common to all the sessions.

I'd drop Python and move to this kind of setup in a heartbeat. I'm not
holding my breath.

Kee