When they ask, what is this written in?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Nov 30 22:41:01 EST 2008

viktoras wrote:

 > Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> Making the new Apache module engine available for free will help
 >> tremendously in evangelizing the language, arguably more so than the
 >> browser plugin.  It's hard to beat the grace of chunk expressions for
 >> working with text, and whether HTML or JavaScript or CSS, most of the
 >> web is just text.
 >
 > modRevolution, modRev or am I missing something? It would be a hit.
 > Is it already available anywhere, or is it only in future plans of
 > the Rev. Ltd?

Very little has been published about this so far - here's one of the few
mentions I can find:

    PHP style Rev engine

    We're delighted to announce we will be bringing you an
    enhanced server side engine, allowing you to embed tags
    in a web page, in the same way as one uses php tags.

<http://runrev.com/newsletter/may/issue48/newsletter1.php>

For myself, this is far more interesting than the browser plug-in on the
other side of the web equation.

No browser plug-in will ever be bigger than Flash, but a Rev server
module has a chance at being a PHP/Ruby contender in a big way.

   Q: What is "PHP"?
   A: That's the sound Rev makes when it slaps PHP across the face.

:)

--