When they ask, what is this written in?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sun Nov 30 13:28:52 EST 2008

Y'know, it would be a cool idea to have a database of all the commercial and
enterprise apps written in Rev. That way one could point to the list and use
it as an example of what is and has been done with Rev in the past.
Paul, I agree with you. Having Revolution as the company name, name of the
product and name of the language is quite confusing for many. I prefer using
Transcript.

Many times I'll describe Rev as a 'Java-like' in that it runs on multiple
platforms, has a JIT compiler, but doesn't require runtime libraries and
therefore can be built into a standalone distributable application. I'll
also mention it's faster than Java and has been around as a stable
programming environment since the 80's.