High ASCII character translation code thingy

paul foraker paul at whitefeather.com
Sun Nov 30 04:11:57 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Mark Schonewille <
m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> put uniencode(myXML,"UTF8") into myUnicodeString
> set the unicodeText of fld x to myUnicodeString
>
> You might use Rev's XML features to read the data.
>
> Thank you, Mark. That was the breakthrough I needed. On Jacque's
suggestion, I had tried to do something like that, but I misunderstood the
function. I used uniDecode(), thinking that the text was already encoded and
needed to be decoded. I was right, but wrong.  :)

I'm still curious about the D character (Ð) terminating the string in the
field and property, but I can live with it.

-- Paul