USB barcode scanner?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 29 14:21:49 EST 2008

Stephen Barncard wrote:
> Most of the bar code devices operate like a keyboard input device out of
> the box as a straight barcode scanner (i.e. outputs a translation of the
> barcode in text),

I wrote a stack some years ago that worked with a barcode reader, which
I had never seen and did not have access to. I just used normal
keydown/keyup and "on returnkey" handlers, and it all worked fine. There
was no difference between keyboard entry and barcode entry. So what you
say works. I warned the client they'd have to test, and it never failed
in any way.

>  I think Jacque was on the Evangelists list, or was it Mac Marines? It
> was a while ago. Over 20 years of mail-lists. The mind boggles.

It was the Evangelists list, but I only read it, I never posted. And
yes, I can't believe where the time goes.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com