sending midi data

Beat Cornaz B.Cornaz at gmx.net
Sat Nov 29 13:42:43 EST 2008

Hi to everyone,

I am working on several stacks to help people in composing music. The
stacks create Midi files.
In order to hear the result,   I drag the Standard Midi file created by
my stack, into Logic (my sequencer program). So far so good.

Now I would like to send midi data in realtime, so I can hear the
result from withing my Rev stack.
Prefebly I do not want to use the QuickTime Instruments, as they  are
not adapted to everyone's taste. I would like to
'midi communicate'  directly with Logic or any other sequencer program.

So the questions are :

1. How do I write the Mididata to a buffer (and which buffer)?
2. How can I 'offer' the data in this buffer to the ' Midi Input'  of
Logic ?

I hope there is someone on the list who can help me out here.

If there are people who want my script for creating a Standard Midi
file, they are welcome to ask me  for it and I will send it to them.

Thanks a lot for any help,

Beat