AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: need help for decompress URL

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 29 01:54:07 EST 2008

--- Tiemo Hollmann TB <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:
> Hi Jan,
> it returns:
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 13:22:01 GMT
> Server: Apache
> Last-Modified: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:44:04 GMT
> ETag: "e4c18c-3f4cf-492fbd64"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>
> Is it the wrong content-type?, but why, I did
> compress it
> Tiemo

Hi Tiemo,

The content-type is indeed your problem, as it should
be something along the lines of "application/gzip" -
but this is to be configured on the server side, in
Apache. So you should have a chat with the system
administrator to configure the right MIME-type for the
.gz extension.

When the content-type is "text/plain" there may be
conversions along the way. Which is why it's also
important in FTP to upoad/download files as binary
when it's not a text file.

HTH,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====