AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: need help for decompress URL

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Nov 28 08:34:50 EST 2008

Hello again,
tracking it down it looks like the problem is not the decompress but the
simple download and I don't find the fault ;(
I did the compress like:
put compress(URL ("binfile:" & it)) into URL ("binfile:" & it & ".gz")
1. compressing and decompressing a local file works fine.
2. uploading the compressed file, downloading it with a ftp program and
decompressing it, works fine
3. uploading the compressed file (with ftp), downloading it anyhow with
put URL "http://myDomain/s05822.gz" into URL binfile:myPath\s05822.gz"
or with load URL and put URL into URL changes the bytes of my file, so that
the decompress can't recognize the format anymore.
Do I have to tell the put URL or load URL that it has to handle a compressed
binfile? Or where is my fault? I don't see the wood anymore because of the
trees (german saying)
Thanks for any hints
Tiemo