AW: need help for decompress URL

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Fri Nov 28 05:48:15 EST 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Tiemo ;-)

Le 28 nov. 08 à 11:42, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> I am glad you don't have Thanksgiving in France and you are not off :)
> If I parse the catch Error I get the same as before: " Error
> decompress: string is not compressed data", which leaves me lost
> with my
> original problem.

Yes if data are not compressed tErr will contain "Error description:
decompress: string is not compressed data"
And data will not be decompressed because they are not.
But your code will not throw an error.
Using such a try structure, data will be decompressed if thy are and
not if they are not: that's all :-)

> So what could get wrong with my statements or data if it is a
> binfile, which
> is in the internet after I did a load pUrl?
> put decompress(url pUrl) into tData
>
> Is the load pUrl so unreliable? Should I switch again back to put
> URL into
> URL?

load url is very very reliable: track your own errors :-)
Data you want to download do not seem to have been compressed first
before uploading them.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.