push card problem

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Nov 26 17:37:21 EST 2008

Bonsoir Edward,

Le 26 nov. 08 à 21:37, edward cawley a écrit :

> My push card has stopped working in a stack I've been working with.
> Where do I look to see what, if anything, is being stored. When I
> go to pop a card I get a flash of a cd and then back to the card I
> was on.

To troubleshoot such an issue you could test what is in 'pop card'
using an old HyperCard trick:

    local tReturnCard
    -----
    pop card into tReturnCard
    put tReturnCard -- in the message box

Search for all your 'pop card' and add this code.
You'll see what is exactly 'pop card' but once you ahev put 'pop
card' into a variable (here tReturnCard), it's no longer available to
the engine.
This might appear useful in some cases* but it's another story :-)

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.