exporting images in RTF from runrev

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Wed Nov 26 09:07:02 EST 2008

Hey guys,

I've had a wonderful experience creating RTFD files that are visible
(images too) in both TextEdit and Pages. TextEdit being the default
application, but opening nicely from within Pages. The documents, some
as large as 60 MB were created from a brand new TextEdit file into
which I pasted text and screen shots I had taken from a Windows app
that I was running on XP under Fusion. I don't remember at what point,
but I'm pretty sure that after having pasted a shot into TextEdit
that, the next time I saved, I was asked if I wanted to save it in
RTFD format, to which I said "yes". Altogether I have a dozen or more
of these files, totally some 700 MB, and they have continued to work
beautifully. I recall having copied one of them to paste into a RR
field to see if it worked. It did, but I don't recall whether it
pasted both text and images in the same operation or not. I'll have to
try that out. I just did, and I was unable to paste into a RR field,
but probably could have created a new image and pasted into it, but
would not have been in the same scrolling path as it is in both
TextEdit and Pages. So...

TextEdit really impressed me with how it handled this whole operation.
Particularly with the size of the files.

Joe Wilkins