can't say "create stack" in a CGI?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Nov 25 22:27:43 EST 2008

Phil Davis wrote:
> I'm just doing a reality check for what I observe in my CGI world: you
> can't use Rev's "create stack" command when running in a windowless
> environment (e.g. on a remote server with the -ui flag).
>
> True?

I think the limitation is in the default permissions of the cgi folder,
which is almost always set not to allow file creation. You generally
can't create new text files in there either. I think you should be able
to create a new stack in a folder somewhere else that has permissions
set for the cgi account (whose group I always forget, is it "nobody"?
Something like that.) The same thing happens if you try to save an
existing stack that lives in the cgi folder. It won't save, because the
auto-backup that Rev makes while saving can't be created.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com