problem with calendar tutorial

Mark Smith Mark.Smith at DAL.CA
Tue Nov 25 21:00:20 EST 2008

Before I begin, Jacqueline suggested I let the other Mark Smith in this list
know that I am not a doppleganger. We probably look nothing alike :-)

That said, I am very new to this and just fooling around with some of the
tutorial examples, in this case the first one, the calendar. All goes well
until I get to this point:

"You can create a background image in any graphic
editing application such as Gimp or Photoshop then
import it into Revolution as a control. This image can
then be copied into the background group using the
edit group control. If the imported image has a
particular shape you can force the stack itself to take
that shape."

I import the image ok using the File menu command "import as control" (at least
I think that is what I am to do). And then the image shows up. But I've not
been able to figure out how you move it into the background group using the
edit group control. When I select the image the edit group control is not an
option. If I select the group on the card, then select "edit group" nothing
happens. There must be some sequence of mouse clicks that I am just not
getting. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Oh, and at midnight I turn into a pumpkin according to the "trial remaining
days" counter. I better go buy something if I am too be able to complete this
tutorial. Cheers,

the "other" mark smith