Jan Schenkel's merge tutorials

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 25 02:51:10 EST 2008

--- "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
> Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> > Jan, many thanks - great tutorials, very
> illuminating.
>
> I have to agree, I was thunderstruck. Jan, a Word
> export would be
> perfect for my current project, but I need to know
> how to incorporate
> images into the rtf file. Do you know how, or do I
> have to do my own
> research? Would sure appreciate any tips you may
> have.
>
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |

Thanks for the kind words, everyone - though I have to
give credit to Richard Gaskin for drawing my attention
to the 'merge' function years ago. Having used it for
putting together SQL queries, HTML pages and RTF
documents, I find it one of the gems in the language.

With regards to images in RTF files, I must confess
that I have so far only used images that were part of
the template, brought into Word by copy&paste or
import.
A quick look at the RTF specifications reveals that
you can, in fact, embed PNG or JPEG images (and
several other formats but these two are especially
relevant for Rev developers).
But I haven't tried to export such a thing manually, I
have to admit.

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====