Converting Hypercard Stack -- No Scripts?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Nov 24 17:42:56 EST 2008

Hi Jacque,

I think the big HyperCard conversion wave is starting now or maybe we
are in the middle of it. Leopard is the first version of Mac OS X that
doesn't support Classic and the next version of Mac OS X is the first
that won't support PPC. Apple sold the last PPC Macs a little more
than 2 years ago, while most people will try to continue to use their
HyperCard-based systems as long as possible.

Currently, Economy-x-Talk is converting a lot of HyperCard stacks and
I expect this to become more important, or at least stay as important
as it currently is, over the next one or two years. I must say,
though, that I rarely care about conversion problems. I often make
stacks from scratch and I still run HyperCard on a PowerMac with Mac
OS 9. Nonetheless, I believe the possibility to import HyperCard
stacks is a very useful feature. I'd report the bug.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz
Dutch forum: http://runrev.info/rrforum

Color Converter has been updated! Get it at
http://colorconverter.economy-x-talk.com !