Moving a rev stack to the foreground

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Nov 24 11:58:19 EST 2008

On Nov 23, 2008, at 4:13 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> 1) We *can't* use the new "do <script> as `VBScript`" for activating
> an
> application because it requires WScript, and WScript doesn't exist
> inside
> Revolution (see the online docs), so you *do* have to create a file
> and
> execute it, AFAIK.

Ken,

I was able to modify your script slightly and get Windows to bring a
Window forward using do as vbscript. Here is what I did:

1) Create a field and put this into it:

On Error Resume Next

Set Shell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Shell.AppActivate $theTitle

if Err.Number <> 0 then
     result = Err.Description & "(" & Err.Source & ")"
end if

2) Created a second field where I could enter the window name.

3) Created a button with the following script:

on mouseUp
    put the text of field 1 into theScript
    put the text of field 2 into theWindowNameOrID
    if theWindowNameOrID is not a number then
       put quote & theWindowNameOrID & quote into theWindowNameOrID
    end if
    replace "$theTitle" with theWindowNameOrID in theScript
    do theScript as "vbscript"
    put the result
end mouseUp

Clicking the button would bring the window to the front.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems