put something into url "http://www.mydomain.com"

Mark Smith lists at futilism.com
Sun Nov 23 10:31:38 EST 2008

Glad to hear you've got it working.

Re S3, in the REST interface, PUT is indeed the method, it's only in
the SOAP interface that the data is uploaded as a DIME attachment to
a SOAP envelope.

When I was writing my S3 library, I found that doing PUTs with libUrl
tended to fail with data bigger than a megabyte or so, DELETE kind of
worked, but seemed to take a long time to return, and I seem to
remember that making HEAD requests wasn't completely plain sailing,
either (nothing new there :)).
Also, libUrl won't upload files from disc using http.

The version currently knocking about used my own socket/http
routines, and seems to work well enough, but the version I'm
currently working with uses curl.

Best,

Mark