Titlebar Bug Workaround Challenge

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Nov 22 22:21:39 EST 2008

Recently, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>> The only way I can see to make the proxy stack the default stack at all
>> times is to make the real stack a palette, but I wonder if this is going
>> down too complex path that will be prone to failure.  I was thinking if
>> there was some way to trap the mouse while in the taskbar I might be able to
>> make the proxy stack the defaultstack before the iconify message is sent.
>
> That sounds like a good work-around. You could make the real stack
> modeless. Those look and act pretty much like regular windows but they
> don't show in the taskbar. Your proxy stack's title should show in the
> taskbar if it's a toplevel stack, and clicking the taskbar should bring
> the proxy to the front.

But this is the problem.  I don't want to simply bring the proxy to the
front, I want to iconify it immediately, because using this smoke and
mirrors setup, the proxy is supposed to represent the real stack, and
clicking the button in the taskbar should iconify it, not bring it to the
front.

Hmm -- maybe after it becomes the frontmost stack I could use resume or
resumestack to then iconfiy it...

Ah, what a tangled hack we weave.

Regards,

Scott Rossi