Tablet PC And Rev

Marian Petrides, MD mpetrides at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 20 15:39:30 EST 2008

Tim

I just created a stack with a single button and a single field named
"MyField" containing the following script:

	On MouseUp
		Ask "What is your name?"
		Get it
		put it into field "MyField"
	End mouseUp

It runs fine in both orientations, but the sticky wicket is that it
does not allow input from the stylus--not even if you try to use the
Tablet PC Input Panel (the insert button is dimmed out on the Input
Panel).  So the only way to enter text is by the keyboard.   And THAT
is problematic when the tablet is in portrait orientation because the
keyboard is hidden behind the tablet screen.  It IS possible but it is
very kludgy.  And, more importantly, you can NOT enter handwritten
text.  Or maybe you can and I just don't know how to capture such input.

Sorry.