Tablet PC And Rev

Marian Petrides, MD mpetrides at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 20 13:43:14 EST 2008

On Nov 20, 2008, at 12:23 PM, Tim Bleiler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone try using Rev with a Tablet PC lately. I don't have one of
> these machines but I have a client who is thinking of getting one.
> There hasn't been any discussion on the list about these devices
> recently but in some older posts there were issues with stylus input
> into Rev fields. Is that still an issue?
Tim,

I have a tablet but do most of my development on a Mac and then port
over to Windows.  So I don't have experience actually CREATING stacks
on a tablet but I do have a little experience running ported stacks on
it (see my reply to your second question below.

If you are talking about entering text into an input field using the
stylus, I haven't tried that, but I'll see if I can get around to
creating a little stack to test it.  If you could give a specific
example, I'll try to implement that.

> Are there other issues related to the touch screen? Is it possible
> to accommodate the screen twisting and changing orientation at
> runtime?

I have a stack that was initially designed to be 800X400 (to allow it
to play even in Win 95). It uses graphic buttons, radio buttons and
check boxes and works fine on my HP 2710p tablet running Vista.  The
only issue is that when I rotate the screen, the stack is a bit too
wide to display completely in portrait view.  The fit is pretty close,
so I didn't even notice it until you asked, but I suspect a stack that
is much wider than 800 pixels won't work very well.

HTH.

Marian