$ reports '223' With Swiss French Keyboard on Windows

Jacques Hausser jacques.hausser at unil.ch
Thu Nov 20 12:25:35 EST 2008

Hi Trevor,

Strange... I have no Windows available home, but I made a little
standalone to check it with Crossover, and the "$" character number
becomes... 92 ! And it's not the only case, even if for most of chars
the numbers are corrects. For the "French french" keyboard "$" number
is 59 and for the American one it is 36, OK.
I think the responsability is on the "Windoïds" for Mac, it should be
tested on a native Windows.

Jacques

Le 20 nov. 2008 à 17:43, Trevor DeVore a écrit :

> Anyone know why rawkeydown reports 223 when pressing the "$" key on
> a Swiss French keyboard on Windows? After the $ character is entered
> then the Revolution field reports that the character number is 36
> but that isn't much help if you are trying to filter input. On Mac
> the same keyboard layout reports 36 in rawkeydown.
>
> I've tested on Windows XP running under VMWare Fusion and OS X 10.5.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Trevor DeVore
> Blue Mango Learning Systems
> ScreenSteps: http://www.screensteps.com
> Developer Resources: http://revolution.bluemangolearning.com
>
> Email has been scanned for viruses by Altman Technologies' email
> management service - www.altman.co.uk/emailsystems

Prof. Jacques Hausser
Department of Ecology and Evolution
Biophore / Sorge