Backdrop in Media

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Nov 19 16:58:42 EST 2008

> The only problem I have with the Rev player is that danged
> backdrop.  It really is unprofessional and hostile.  How can
> someone look at a file on their computer, and then use info
> from that file to enter it into the stack I've created for
> them?  They cannot.  The backdrop makes the Player totally
> useless in this case.  I understand Rev wanting to protect
> their stuff and make sure someone with Media cannot sneaky
> upgrade somehow, but the forced backdrop offers nothing.  It
> should have been optional.

Revolution Media has this limitation to narrow the scope of applications it
can create to multimedia type projects that "own" the computer they are
running on - meaning its great for a presentation, multimedia type game,
kiosk and the like, but not so for multi window applications. At $49,
Revolution Media is an extremely powerful package. If you want to build more
sophisticated, professional applications, then Revolution Studio is the way
to go. And thanks to the major price drop that happened not all that long
ago, a Media -> Studio upgrade is an even better deal.

If you already have Enterprise at home - I shouldn't have to be selling you
on Studio or Enterprise ;-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Mirye Software Publishing