Random algorithm

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Nov 15 00:07:36 EST 2008

Richard-

> True, and I've used this to my advantage in some modest encryption
> algorithms to arrive at non-obvious but reproducible patterns.

In my world of software testing it is also quite advantageous to be
able to craft "random" data streams but in a way that is reproducible
in order to be able to recreate a situation that might cause an error.
Setting the random seed to a known value before starting this process
and saving the random seed used is the key to repeatable randomness.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net