list linking

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Tue Nov 11 14:49:15 EST 2008

Hi Edward,

You might want to lock messages just before going to the card, so that
nothing gets in the way while it is in transit.
Then unlock messages when you get there.

BTW, you don't need to refer to a background field. There is no such
thing in Rev.

If you have two fields - one with the common names and the other with
the scientific names, no need to send any clicking to the other field.
Just use the line number you've clicked on to reference the line
number in the other field. So...

-- This is set up so that it goes to a card by the scientific name if
you hold down the option Key when clicking on the list.
-- This also assumes that both fld lists have exactly corresponding
plant names.
on mouseup
   lock messages
   if the optionKey is down then
      go cd line (word 2 of the clickLine) of fld "sciNames" -- or
whatever the field is called
   else
      go cd (the value of the clickline)
   end if