Post Command Problem

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Nov 11 00:06:21 EST 2008

Dave,

are you using CGI or a custom server?

Content can be chuncked in HTTP 1.1, this means that the server can
slice the content and send it in little chunks for you to reassemble.
Check this link which is very useful:
http://www.jmarshall.com/easy/http/ (HTTP Made Really Easy). This
document will explain in plain english the HTTP protocol.

If you're using CGI, I believe Apache may reassemble chunked transfers
for you, if it's your own server, you should do it yourself, or tell
the client machine not to slice anything.

Now, the post data might be corrupt, a connection might drop. Check
the length against CONTENT-LENGTH header.

Andre