Windows standalone arrow keys problem

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Fri Nov 7 10:14:12 EST 2008

Thanks for the suggestion, Mark. I hadn't even thought about a
keyboard setting for the Fusion/XP I'm running. Everything is/was
perfect on the Mac side of things. I knew it wasn't skipping cards.
That was just my best way of describing what was going on. I'm sure
everything will be fine once I make that adjustment; and, perhaps,
include a caveat in my instructions for the users.

Joe Wilkins

On Nov 7, 2008, at 12:54 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Joe,
>
> I don't think it skips cards, I think you keep the keys pressed too
> long or the repetition settings in the keyboard control panel are
> set to values that don't work for you.
>
> I wanted to give you an arrowKey handler that might solve the
> problem, but this arrowKey handler would run multiple times too, if
> you press the arrowKey too long. I think that adjusting the Windows
> settings is your only option, unless you want to write a very
> complicated script with timers.
>
> --
>
> Economy-x-Talk
> Consultancy and Software Engineering
> http://economy-x-talk.com
> http://www.salery.biz
>
> Get your store on-line within minutes with Salery Web Store
> software. Download at http://www.salery.biz
>
> Op 7-nov-2008, om 6:00 heeft Joe Lewis Wilkins het volgende
> geschreven:
>
>> Well, navigating using Arrow keys with Windows Standalone double-
>> dips, skips cards (next and previous). Go menu and associated
>> control commands are fine. I inserted a wait 20 ticks into the
>> handler, but did no good. This is XP running under Fusion.
>>
>> Ideas?
>>
>> Joe Wilkins

See   <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>
Joe Lewis Wilkins