Where did the CrashReporter logs go?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Nov 6 14:04:21 EST 2008

Mark Schonewille wrote:
> Do you know which Logs folder, Jacque? I've been looking for quite some
> time, but I can't find anything.

In Console on Tiger, I have two Rev crash logs, one from a year or so
ago (the old ones) and another from recently. In Console the old ones
are here:

~/Library/Logs
   CrashReporter
     Revolution.crash.log

The newer logs are here:

/Library/Logs
   CrashReporter
     Revolution.crash.log

On Leopard, I have some general logs which show up in Console, here:

LOG FILES
   ~/Library/Logs
      Revolution Enterprise IDE Startup Log.txt
      Revolution Enterprise Installer Log.txt
      Revolution Enterprise Updater Log.txt

These are dated fairly recently, within the last few months. I don't see
any crash logs inside Crashreporter on Leopard (in either the system or
home Library folders,) but I'm not sure if I have ever generated any. I
do most of my development work on my desktop Tiger machine, which is
more convenient than my Macbook where Leopard is installed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com