Using the Player to run a stack

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Nov 6 12:42:25 EST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 10:11 AM, shari at gypsyware.com wrote:

>> Just curious: since you already have the nearly limitless world of
>> Enterprise, why bother with the confines of Media at all?
>
> I have a part time day job, and I convinced them to invest in Media so
> that I could write them a program at their office, on their time, on
> the
> days I am there.  Part of the sales pitch to them was that it would
> only
> cost them $50 for the software I needed.  They agreed.
>
> So at home for my own software usage, I have Enterprise.  But for
> them,
> it's Media.
>
> I didn't think they'd go for me taking several weeks off to work at
> home
> on their project.  Here they can see that I'm doing something for
> them.
>
> I'm getting close to releasing it to them so deployment is coming to
> the
> forefront.
>
> Make sense now?

Maybe I'm misremembering, but can't you open stacks in Media that you
create in other versions? Why not just create the original stack in
your enterprise version at home, then take the blank stack to work and
do the programming in Media? Then when you're ready you can take the
stack back home and create the standalone.

Or I could be totally clueless.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay