Using the Player to run a stack

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Nov 6 12:33:38 EST 2008

shari wrote:
>> Just curious: since you already have the nearly limitless world of
>> Enterprise, why bother with the confines of Media at all?
>
> I have a part time day job, and I convinced them to invest in Media so
> that I could write them a program at their office, on their time, on the
> days I am there.  Part of the sales pitch to them was that it would only
> cost them $50 for the software I needed.  They agreed.
>
> So at home for my own software usage, I have Enterprise.  But for them,
> it's Media.
>
> I didn't think they'd go for me taking several weeks off to work at home
> on their project.  Here they can see that I'm doing something for them.
>
> I'm getting close to releasing it to them so deployment is coming to the
> forefront.
>
> Make sense now?
>
> :-)

Yep. Media's pricing makes it a no-brainer for almost anyone to jump on
board.  A couple of our products will have a published API soon so for
the low cost of a Media license they can have access to the internals of
our programs to write some powerful plugins.

But given what Jacque says, that stacks created with Enterprise can be
used with both, would it simplify deployment if you made your own custom
player?  That way both you and your employer could work on stacks and
you'd be able to deliver them in an environment tailored for their needs.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation