AW: How to change the backgroundcolor of a combo Box button?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Nov 3 12:57:10 EST 2008

Bonsoir Tiemo,

Le 3 nov. 08 à 18:41, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> Hello Richmond,
> are you on Mac or Win?
> Making the same as you on Win , 3.0, with a combo Box nothing changes
> (neither the closed box bg, nore the drop down field)
> Making it on a option menu (where actually I don't know the
> difference to a
> combo Box) the backgroundcolor of the closed menu changes, but not
> of the
> dropdown field.
> With all 3 other options both backgrounds change.
> So it must be either a 3.0 or Win bug

Richmond is right but probably tested this on Mac OS.
It does not happen on Win.
Anyway, there are guide lines and I'm not sure it's always a good
idea to put colors where users are not used to ;-)
I build custom interfaces any day but I never change menus appearance
regarding to the platform.
So, if nevertheless you want it, build your own with a button and a
list field ;-)

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.