how can I force the tooltip window to be closed?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Nov 3 04:54:03 EST 2008

Bonjour Tiemo,

Le 3 nov. 08 à 09:29, Tiemo Hollmann TB a écrit :

> usually the tooltip window closes automatically, when leaving the
> object. I
> have a field with a tooltip, which is located directly to an image,
> where I
> change the tool to a brush when entering the image. Now, when I
> move the
> cursor first over the field with the tooltip, the tooltip appears
> and move
> on directly to the image (there is no gap in between), the cursor
> changes to
> the brush (as wanted), but the tooltip from the field stays open.
>
> That's why I would like to force the tooltip from the field to be
> closed,
> when entering the image. Possible?

Ken is right: setting the tooltip of a control to empty closes its
tooltip.

"How to Create Contextual Tooltips on-the-fly" tutorial might help you:
In this stack, a first example shows how to change the tooltip of a
check box according to its hilite.
The second one shows how to display tooltips within a locked field
depending on the location of the mouse (columns, lines), the field
contents, how to refresh them, etc.

You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.