Good example/tutor for Valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri May 30 02:29:22 EDT 2008

On 5/29/08 7:13 PM, "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Kay,

Big letter, I will read it carefully during breaks.

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
> wrote:
>
>> I have not catch here. You mean that you can understand how to use REV with
>> SQL lite and mySQL, but cannot catch how to use it with Valentina ??
>>

> Man, I thought I'd slip past your gaze, but impossible - your amazing
> Ruslan.
>
> Yes, the frustrating thing is that I can get all sorts of things done with
> SQL using either mySQL or sqLite, and I KNOW I could get it all done much
> faster if I could only get Valentina to work for me. Val Studio keeps
> crashing on me and I've had similar problems with 'example' Rev stacks + Val
> DBs I've created.

Lets not touch Vstudio here, and first of all resolve your V4REV issues.

Point 1:

    Let you have 1000 lines of some code for SqlLie and mySQL
    using RevDB API.

    to switch this to Valentina must be enough change only ONE
    line of your code which specify to which db connect. Assuming
    that you are using standard SQL.

Point 2:

    do you create your db and tables programmatically or
    using some visual tools?  IMO it is better to have such
    code in your app. So your app self will be able create
    new fresh db on user HDD with all required tables.

    And in this way - you not depend on GUI tools, so above point1
    must work 100%.

Agree?

Then I ask you make some simple SqlLite stack, where you create db tables
fields, records, do some search. May be all in one handler only. About 20-40
lines.

Send me this stack, and we will change it to Valentina then send you back.

-----------------
Again, my point is that Valentina for REVOLUTION is able work in the same
way as you use SqlLite and mySQL.

It is OTHER QUESTION that Valentina also offer another set of methods.
If it looks more complex do not start with it. Most of tasks really can be
done using RevDB API.

There is sense learn and use Native Valentina API only if you see its
advantages, understand It easy, you like not-standard features of Valentina
and want to use them. Although many non non standard features of Valentina
can be used via the same SQL and RevDB API.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology